Open Source Work
I love making open-source projects.
Here are some of them;
CLI tool for Linux implementing L3/L4 packet dropping with eBPF/Go.
Free video conferencing over WebRTC in Go.
Lyrics and translations for currently playing song in your Spotify account.
A minimalist Hugo theme designed for portfolio sites.
Go, Docker, Kubernetes, Distributed Systems,
GNU/Linux, Shell Scripting, Computer Networks,
Git, CI/CD, Ansible, PostgreSQL, Kafka
Software Engineer, Agents Team at Sematext
Feb 2023 - Present, Remote (Headquarter: New York, United States)
As a member of the Agents team, I utilize my expertise in Go, Kubernetes, Docker, and eBPF to develop an observability and monitoring agent. My role involves contributing to the development of the agent, working closely with the team to ensure its functionality, and continuously improving its performance. I am excited to be part of a dynamic team that is dedicated to creating innovative solutions for the observability and monitoring space.
Software Engineer, Cloud Platform Team at Acronis
Aug 2021 - Aug 2022, Remote (Headquarters: Switzerland and Singapore)
As a member of the account management and authn/authz team, I utilized my expertise in Go, Python, K6, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, and JS to contribute to the development and maintenance of the services.
- Successfully migrated various REST APIs from the Python legacy codebase to the new Go codebase.
- Contributed to the implementation of a soft-delete feature requested by customers.
- Developed and maintained account management REST API endpoints that receive millions of requests every day.
- Wrote K6 performance tests for a new service.
- Developed a CLI for internal DC registration operations. Wrote Ansible playbooks to handle the registration while production deploying.
Software Engineer, Crawling Team at Wope
Aug 2020 - July 2021, Remote (Headquarter: Turkiye)
As a founding member of the data crawling team, I utilized my expertise in Go, Kafka, Kubernetes, Knative, Docker, and GitLab CI/CD.
- Proposed, designed, and implemented a high-performing crawler that scrapes ~10 million pages per day and scales effectively.
- Utilized a Knative-based serving architecture to handle production traffic.
- Created CI/CD pipelines for 7 engineers using GitLab, deploying 13 applications.
- Developed and maintained SEO analyzing tools and REST APIs in Go.
Software Engineer at Lab2023
Oct 2018 – Sep 2019, On-Site (Turkiye)
I designed and developed Ruby on Rails web services from scratch.
I’ve previously taught the following courses, Journey:
- Izmir Science High School: philosophy and basics of GNU/Linux to inspire young students.
- Free Software Camp: assistant lecturer in the Ruby/Rails class for 2 weeks.
- Pamukkale University: various courses on GNU/Linux, DNS, Security, and Networking.
Computer Engineering, Pamukkale University
Bachelor of Science, 2017 – 2022